Monday, July 14, 2003

July 13, 2003 - 11:14 p.m.

Just gonna write something fast coz I aint in awhiles. I watched this Lifetime movie last night called from Homeless to Harvard – the Liz Murray story. It’s weird coz I don’t watch much TV, not outta any purity, just ain’t got the time. I was just stuck in a story I was writing so instead of eating I decided to channel surf, which I rarely do. And this movie was on… and Thora Birch had told me about it sometime ago, she’d just finished filming it and I’d checked out Liz Murray and watched a real audio of her speaking. It was very powerful, very moving. And it was just very coincidental that I saw this coz I didn’t know it was going to be on. Her story, Liz – parents used drugs, mom died of AIDS, Liz was in fucked up group homes then the street…she did high school in two years and went to Harvard, winning a scholarship from The NY Times. I just realized watching it how uncomfortable I am around the whole, “abusive childhood” thing. I mean the boldly saying, “yeah it was fucked up…” Just anything remotely like that makes my skin crawl. And reading articles that talk about my background… it’s the same. I think what was amazing to me, like in this, when she is able to talk about it being bad for her, there is a way she doesn’t feel like it was what she brought on herself. It was the situation. And there is a way she accepts it was wrong and I think I just feel, well, I was pretty evil. And there are many sides to the story and it just makes me sick… Thora was real good in it. It just kicked up a lotta shit for me. I called this old friend of mine that recently contacted me. He was on the street and ain’t now. And we just spoke about, wow, shit was fucked up… and its funny how you just keep going and its just every now and then you can look back with a different perspective and marvel how you bad something was and that you, ya know, survived it. Somehow.

And I been watching The Osborne’s and man I do dig that show. Our son Thor loves it. His favorite band is Black Sabbath and he loves Ozzy. And I wish Sharon was my mother. She fights for her blood tooth and nail. She is the ultimate Mama bear. She protects her own and I am jealous of that. So yeah, there is this story on me out in the UK Vanity Fair, (not the US) Aug. issue. And Dennis Cooper says something bout how I have a mom issues… searching for moms… it’s so true. I get so angry when something fucks up, like I never would’ve as a kid. I just knew I didn’t have a mom that could save me. But now, I want one all the time. All the time. All the time.


Just gonna write something fast coz I aint in awhiles. I watched this Lifetime movie last night called from Homeless to Harvard – the Liz Murray story. It’s weird coz I don’t watch much TV, not outta any purity, just ain’t got the time. I was just stuck in a story I was writing so instead of eating I decided to channel surf, which I rarely do. And this movie was on… and Thora Birch had told me about it sometime ago, she’d just finished filming it and I’d checked out Liz Murray and watched a real audio of her speaking. It was very powerful, very moving. And it was just very coincidental that I saw this coz I didn’t know it was going to be on. Her story, Liz – parents used drugs, mom died of AIDS, Liz was in fucked up group homes then the street…she did high school in two years and went to Harvard, winning a scholarship from The NY Times. I just realized watching it how uncomfortable I am around the whole, “abusive childhood” thing. I mean the boldly saying, “yeah it was fucked up…” Just anything remotely like that makes my skin crawl. And reading articles that talk about my background… it’s the same. I think what was amazing to me, like in this, when she is able to talk about it being bad for her, there is a way she doesn’t feel like it was what she brought on herself. It was the situation. And there is a way she accepts it was wrong and I think I just feel, well, I was pretty evil. And there are many sides to the story and it just makes me sick… Thora was real good in it. It just kicked up a lotta shit for me. I called this old friend of mine that recently contacted me. He was on the street and ain’t now. And we just spoke about, wow, shit was fucked up… and its funny how you just keep going and its just every now and then you can look back with a different perspective and marvel how you bad something was and that you, ya know, survived it. Somehow.

And I been watching The Osborne’s and man I do dig that show. Our son Thor loves it. His favorite band is Black Sabbath and he loves Ozzy. And I wish Sharon was my mother. She fights for her blood tooth and nail. She is the ultimate Mama bear. She protects her own and I am jealous of that. So yeah, there is this story on me out in the UK Vanity Fair, (not the US) Aug. issue. And Dennis Cooper says something bout how I have a mom issues… searching for moms… it’s so true. I get so angry when something fucks up, like I never would’ve as a kid. I just knew I didn’t have a mom that could save me. But now, I want one all the time. All the time. All the time.