April 25, 2003
From: JT LeRoy
To: Yosh Han
Subject: Re: I am McSweeneys
Oh, check this out. Great part where they try to pin me on McSweeney's in
NY Observer piece:
http://www.observer.com/pages/transom.asp
At the reading's intermission, fans stood in the lobby of the Public,
talking breathlessly about Mr. LeRoy's rare appearance onstage, with Ms.
Argento by his side. Raccoon-penis bones signed by Mr. LeRoy were going for
15 bucks a pop. There was the sensation that someone might soon pass out
Kool-Aid and distribute identical muu-muus. Or that the whole thing was a
hoax-the kind of thing cooked up by the kids at McSweeney's, with whom Mr.
LeRoy just published an individually bound story, "Harold's End."
From: Yosh Han
To: JT LeRoy
Subject: Re: I am McSweeneys
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:10:21 -0700
Or that the whole thing was a hoax-the kind of thing cooked up by the
kids at McSweeney's... I love it. Cooked up - like we're running a literary kitchen?
From: JT LeRoy
To: Yosh Han
Subject: Re: I am McSweeneys
Literary kitchen right next to y'all's meth lab... actually wasn't y'all
just tryin to cook up some special K and after the massive blast, I popped
out instead? Holy Freak Writers!
Please pass this to them Brooklyn McSweeneys folk, think they will enjoy their powers,
I know I am tre impressed. Can I start callin ya'll Momma? Can I send my
phone bills to y'all?
Love, yer creation, Jt
To: Yosh Han
Subject: Re: I am McSweeneys
Oh, check this out. Great part where they try to pin me on McSweeney's in
NY Observer piece:
http://www.observer.com/pages/transom.asp
At the reading's intermission, fans stood in the lobby of the Public,
talking breathlessly about Mr. LeRoy's rare appearance onstage, with Ms.
Argento by his side. Raccoon-penis bones signed by Mr. LeRoy were going for
15 bucks a pop. There was the sensation that someone might soon pass out
Kool-Aid and distribute identical muu-muus. Or that the whole thing was a
hoax-the kind of thing cooked up by the kids at McSweeney's, with whom Mr.
LeRoy just published an individually bound story, "Harold's End."
From: Yosh Han
To: JT LeRoy
Subject: Re: I am McSweeneys
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:10:21 -0700
Or that the whole thing was a hoax-the kind of thing cooked up by the
kids at McSweeney's... I love it. Cooked up - like we're running a literary kitchen?
From: JT LeRoy
To: Yosh Han
Subject: Re: I am McSweeneys
Literary kitchen right next to y'all's meth lab... actually wasn't y'all
just tryin to cook up some special K and after the massive blast, I popped
out instead? Holy Freak Writers!
Please pass this to them Brooklyn McSweeneys folk, think they will enjoy their powers,
I know I am tre impressed. Can I start callin ya'll Momma? Can I send my
phone bills to y'all?
Love, yer creation, Jt


<< Home