Monday, January 06, 2003

January 6, 2003

I have avoided writing all day. I am scared. Scared that the flow has stopped up. But it aint right? I know... I must jump in. Billy called and pushed me but I stalled it out... fuckme...
Ok, check this out, politikull thing of the day, and uh, I dont drive... would you let me behind a wheel? I think the world is a safer place with me in the passenger seat.

All,

Remember: "Think globally and act locally?" This responsibility is also
yours. Contrary to belief you have some power. Here some figures that make
the difference against political apathy and indifference. Why should you
support corporations that feed evil states? More than half the highjackers
who destroyed the WTC were from the Saudi Arabia, a country, furthermore,
known for its complete disrespect for human rights.

Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into
the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't
import their oil from the Saudis. Nothing is more frustrating than the
feeling that every time I fill-up I am sending money to people who are
trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

Major companies that import Middle Eastern oil (for the period 9/1/00 -
8/31/01):

Shell............ 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco... 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil..... 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon.......... 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco............. 62,231,000 barrels

At $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:

Citgo......... 0 barrels
Sunoco......... 0 barrels
Conoco......... 0 barrels
Sinclair....... 0 barrels
BP/Phillips.....0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and
can be easily documented. Refineries located in the U.S. are required
to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.
They report on a monthly basis.

Keep this list in your car, share it with friends.