Oct 21, 2002
October 21, 2002 - 5:18 p.m.
Read this from bottom up. I am posting this coz I think this person brings up concerns some folks share... And I want to clear the air.
I am sorry I posted yer name, I will take yer name down. I thought it was like a screen name, I didn't mean to do that... I actually hang out mostly all the time with folks that aint famous and I support more artists that aint, but I can not control the press and what they write bout... they write bout the names they can bold even if I tell them bout folks I am tryin to bring attention to. You are just not lookin past what you read... I posted yer email not to make you look bad, but I thought it was something I wanted to address. I just think the way you come at me is kinda hostile and aggressive. That it is not coming from a place that has purity of intent. It feels very much like an attack, and I just have to say, what right do you have to attack me? You don't know me and you are quick to judge from assumptions. You do not ask, you tell me how I am. I post this coz I think it is good to get stuff out there, coz I am sure there are others that think like you do, when you become a part of the media's story, folks form opinions on you, that most often have no base in reality. I worship great artists! I seek out ARTISTS that move me... I don't seek out someone who is famous for being on Survivor, couldn't give a crap. I don't care if they are famous or not. I seek out folks that make my soul sing. To me that is like touching GOD... the way folks yearn and seek GOD... that to me, I find in art... to be able to exchange my art with others (FAMOUS OR NOT) who have that ability, blows me away... I feel like you are not and have not really listened to what I said before on this. You've made up your mind about me. I am sorry... I will disappoint lotsa folks. I am on MY path, and I WILL fuck up and I have faith I will find my way too. You wont be the first or the last to think I am a dick, but I would want you to make yer mind up based on truth stead of bullshit...
yers, JT
From:
To: JT Leroy
Subject: Re: sigh
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
JT Leroy- I have to admit that while I feel I'm talking to a ghost, I don't think it's very fair of you to write what you did, and to post something with my name and not post my reply. That was part of a (short) discourse and taken out of context like that, and putting my full name up there, not very nice. I know people in SF and maybe they read your site? I don't know.
But what I find really annoying and disturbing (and yes, sir, I realize you don't care) that you would care if I were [named] Vanessa Carlton or Stephan Jenkins or Asia A - the people that you always go ga-ga over and morph into jt the rockstar with are other famous people. So therefore, unless I am famous I have no chance of ever even getting any further to even lay any foundation for winning trust. So I find this highly unfair that you said that, let alone posted it with my name. I'm sure you're thinking 'tough shit bitch/dick" but that's what I meant. I didn't expect any reply from you. I was venting because I read all this shit about you and maybe I'm jealous (likely) and maybe am tired of listening to you babble about how cool other famous people are (more likely) and want to change you (unlikely but possible).
I dunno'. I'm really sad about that. And a little pissed.
A
JT Leroy wrote:
I am boring. My life used to not be boring. I like boring. Boring for me is
good. The "rockstar" stuff is just funny. If I was out living that life, not
being "boring" then I would be taking it seriously, being a rockstar, then I
would be in trouble. I did that over the summer on my tour. I got in
trouble. Now I am boring again. It is good. I want to stay boring. When I
write, that's when i reveal what's goin on. And ya know what? that's all
that should matter. why should I read my own work? I don't like how it
sounds, I like hearing it outside my own head, where I can hear it. I got
lots to write bout... much obliged fer yer concern, wish it came from a
place I trusted, but, sir or ma'am, I dont.
From:
To: JT Leroy
Subject: Re: Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
Gawd, you are SO boring! Say something interesting for fuck's sake in your
interviews. Say something interesting about something that's happened to
you as a person, not to jt the rock star! And fucking ReAD your own fucking
material! :)
JT Leroy wrote:
Do you mean the stuff at Diaryland? I dunno, I write what is in front of me.
We'll see... :) jt
From:
To: le_terminator@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
JT-
So what are you going to write about when you stop
having experiences to write about? Are you going to get more and more crazy to come up with new
experiences to discuss and work on? You write
beautifully, but I wonder what your work will be like
when you have run out of history to digest. Even all
your articles and short stuff is about things that
have happened to you. What about making up characters?
Things that never occurred?
PS Your journal website is all fucked up. Some of the
dates don't link and most go to the very end (hit
previous and it repeats itself). I like reading the
old posts and ramblings. Please tell your webmaster.
Read this from bottom up. I am posting this coz I think this person brings up concerns some folks share... And I want to clear the air.
I am sorry I posted yer name, I will take yer name down. I thought it was like a screen name, I didn't mean to do that... I actually hang out mostly all the time with folks that aint famous and I support more artists that aint, but I can not control the press and what they write bout... they write bout the names they can bold even if I tell them bout folks I am tryin to bring attention to. You are just not lookin past what you read... I posted yer email not to make you look bad, but I thought it was something I wanted to address. I just think the way you come at me is kinda hostile and aggressive. That it is not coming from a place that has purity of intent. It feels very much like an attack, and I just have to say, what right do you have to attack me? You don't know me and you are quick to judge from assumptions. You do not ask, you tell me how I am. I post this coz I think it is good to get stuff out there, coz I am sure there are others that think like you do, when you become a part of the media's story, folks form opinions on you, that most often have no base in reality. I worship great artists! I seek out ARTISTS that move me... I don't seek out someone who is famous for being on Survivor, couldn't give a crap. I don't care if they are famous or not. I seek out folks that make my soul sing. To me that is like touching GOD... the way folks yearn and seek GOD... that to me, I find in art... to be able to exchange my art with others (FAMOUS OR NOT) who have that ability, blows me away... I feel like you are not and have not really listened to what I said before on this. You've made up your mind about me. I am sorry... I will disappoint lotsa folks. I am on MY path, and I WILL fuck up and I have faith I will find my way too. You wont be the first or the last to think I am a dick, but I would want you to make yer mind up based on truth stead of bullshit...
yers, JT
From:
To: JT Leroy
Subject: Re: sigh
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:18:35 -0700 (PDT)
JT Leroy- I have to admit that while I feel I'm talking to a ghost, I don't think it's very fair of you to write what you did, and to post something with my name and not post my reply. That was part of a (short) discourse and taken out of context like that, and putting my full name up there, not very nice. I know people in SF and maybe they read your site? I don't know.
But what I find really annoying and disturbing (and yes, sir, I realize you don't care) that you would care if I were [named] Vanessa Carlton or Stephan Jenkins or Asia A - the people that you always go ga-ga over and morph into jt the rockstar with are other famous people. So therefore, unless I am famous I have no chance of ever even getting any further to even lay any foundation for winning trust. So I find this highly unfair that you said that, let alone posted it with my name. I'm sure you're thinking 'tough shit bitch/dick" but that's what I meant. I didn't expect any reply from you. I was venting because I read all this shit about you and maybe I'm jealous (likely) and maybe am tired of listening to you babble about how cool other famous people are (more likely) and want to change you (unlikely but possible).
I dunno'. I'm really sad about that. And a little pissed.
A
JT Leroy wrote:
I am boring. My life used to not be boring. I like boring. Boring for me is
good. The "rockstar" stuff is just funny. If I was out living that life, not
being "boring" then I would be taking it seriously, being a rockstar, then I
would be in trouble. I did that over the summer on my tour. I got in
trouble. Now I am boring again. It is good. I want to stay boring. When I
write, that's when i reveal what's goin on. And ya know what? that's all
that should matter. why should I read my own work? I don't like how it
sounds, I like hearing it outside my own head, where I can hear it. I got
lots to write bout... much obliged fer yer concern, wish it came from a
place I trusted, but, sir or ma'am, I dont.
From:
To: JT Leroy
Subject: Re: Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
Gawd, you are SO boring! Say something interesting for fuck's sake in your
interviews. Say something interesting about something that's happened to
you as a person, not to jt the rock star! And fucking ReAD your own fucking
material! :)
JT Leroy wrote:
Do you mean the stuff at Diaryland? I dunno, I write what is in front of me.
We'll see... :) jt
From:
To: le_terminator@hotmail.com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 22:52:04 -0700 (PDT)
JT-
So what are you going to write about when you stop
having experiences to write about? Are you going to get more and more crazy to come up with new
experiences to discuss and work on? You write
beautifully, but I wonder what your work will be like
when you have run out of history to digest. Even all
your articles and short stuff is about things that
have happened to you. What about making up characters?
Things that never occurred?
PS Your journal website is all fucked up. Some of the
dates don't link and most go to the very end (hit
previous and it repeats itself). I like reading the
old posts and ramblings. Please tell your webmaster.


<< Home