Philadelphia Festival World Cinema Review
From: Rita Yost
To: le_terminator22@hotmail.com
Subject: Philadelphia Festival World Cinema Review
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:22:06 -0400
I’m very much a novel adaptation filmgoer—read the book, watch the
film, draw and quarter the director and screenwriter at will. That’s
typically my agenda. Not so this time folks.
With THIDAAT Asia Argento works a torture trifecta as director,
screenwriter, and lead actor. Here, Argento takes a simple novel of
short stories and breathes a life into it I believe the original
author never saw coming.
Some people are going to be interested in this pic because of the
high-celeb turns… to those people I say, “Enjoy.” Fonda (Peter not
Jane), Manson (Marilyn not Charlie), Pitt (Michael not Brad), Ryder
and Sisto deliver outstanding performances. My personal favorite is
Marilyn’s by the way… wow… can you say empathy?
Asia… thanks for the loving literature and film this fucking much.
To: le_terminator22@hotmail.com
Subject: Philadelphia Festival World Cinema Review
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:22:06 -0400
I’m very much a novel adaptation filmgoer—read the book, watch the
film, draw and quarter the director and screenwriter at will. That’s
typically my agenda. Not so this time folks.
With THIDAAT Asia Argento works a torture trifecta as director,
screenwriter, and lead actor. Here, Argento takes a simple novel of
short stories and breathes a life into it I believe the original
author never saw coming.
Some people are going to be interested in this pic because of the
high-celeb turns… to those people I say, “Enjoy.” Fonda (Peter not
Jane), Manson (Marilyn not Charlie), Pitt (Michael not Brad), Ryder
and Sisto deliver outstanding performances. My personal favorite is
Marilyn’s by the way… wow… can you say empathy?
Asia… thanks for the loving literature and film this fucking much.


<< Home