London Calling, reports from the reading/screening
This may sound a bit crazy but yesterday I spent most
of the day in bed reading and thinking “do I really
want to go to the reading?” Now I’ve read post’s and
looked at photos of reading in the US and so wished I
could have been at them. And after all that time the
first reading in the UK and in London and I was
feeling like this!
Maybe it had something to do with that yesterday was
one year to the day that Bambi and I had broken up and
he was coming to the reading with me. Or that this
week a year ago my Grandmother past away. I don’t know
for sure but I just felt that I did not want to go. I
just wanted to stay in bed and read, hide away.
But, I got myself sorted and got into the west end.
Bambi was running late and we just got into the
reading in time to take our seats before the first
reader started. Jennie and Gigi were on our row so we
all smiled at each over and I felt so happy to be in
the room at that moment and the glass of red helped
I have to say I did not know any of the readers up to
Beth Orton spoke. (But the blonde guy from the X Men
was dead cute). But when Marianne Faithful got up it
was like shit it’s God! (Those that have watched Ab
Fab will get this one) and she sounded and read with
such passion and it moved us so much. You could tell
that she was a real and true fan of JT’s work. This
is when the first tears started for me. And when JT
took some questions later on she was making sure he
was ok. Both Bambi and I loved here for that big
time.
But it’s when JT got up to read. Our hearts went out
to him. He did so well and it was truly amazing to
hear his words coming form his month and in his sweet
voice. It was a moment to be hold and one nether to
forget. And I truly happy I got out of bed yesterday.
Marc x
of the day in bed reading and thinking “do I really
want to go to the reading?” Now I’ve read post’s and
looked at photos of reading in the US and so wished I
could have been at them. And after all that time the
first reading in the UK and in London and I was
feeling like this!
Maybe it had something to do with that yesterday was
one year to the day that Bambi and I had broken up and
he was coming to the reading with me. Or that this
week a year ago my Grandmother past away. I don’t know
for sure but I just felt that I did not want to go. I
just wanted to stay in bed and read, hide away.
But, I got myself sorted and got into the west end.
Bambi was running late and we just got into the
reading in time to take our seats before the first
reader started. Jennie and Gigi were on our row so we
all smiled at each over and I felt so happy to be in
the room at that moment and the glass of red helped
I have to say I did not know any of the readers up to
Beth Orton spoke. (But the blonde guy from the X Men
was dead cute). But when Marianne Faithful got up it
was like shit it’s God! (Those that have watched Ab
Fab will get this one) and she sounded and read with
such passion and it moved us so much. You could tell
that she was a real and true fan of JT’s work. This
is when the first tears started for me. And when JT
took some questions later on she was making sure he
was ok. Both Bambi and I loved here for that big
time.
But it’s when JT got up to read. Our hearts went out
to him. He did so well and it was truly amazing to
hear his words coming form his month and in his sweet
voice. It was a moment to be hold and one nether to
forget. And I truly happy I got out of bed yesterday.
Marc x


<< Home