Monday, March 07, 2005

March 7, 2005 3:31 AM

Ok, gonna write something quick. I have to say, I am very happy right
now this very moment. My show is back on. Yup, Deadwood. It's back on.
If y'all aint seen it, well, well-- it is the best thing on TV, (well
I am partial to Unscripted, but I am not a disinterested party toward
that show). Ya know Ian McShane won a Golden Globe. This is off some site someplace:

"Most Deserving of a Bleepin' Prize: "Deadwood's" Ian McShane", who
summed up the secret thoughts of every nominee as he clutched his
Globe and happily declared, "Mine, mine, mine, mine."

He is back. They are all back. My happy world. I worship, I mean got
the reverence saved for creator David Milch. Yup. The Lord has seen
fit to keep me alive for another season and I am truly grateful for
this gift.
Did y'all see my band, THISTLE on Episode 9 of HBO's Unscripted? They all looked so cute! It is the Episode were Jennifer has to take care of her Grandfather. Here is the ya know uh, description--

Episode 09

"The time between action and cut is a time that you cannot defile." -
Goddard Fulton

Synopsis
Nick comes to New York to visit Bryan, who has been living the
vice-free life of the consummate professional, and trouble soon
follows. The pair's double-date with Emmanuelle and her friend gets
crashed by a couple of members of the Young Hollywood elite, and Nick and Bryan are left high and dry with the bill. To make up for it, they
launch an all-night party, arriving back at the hotel at dawn, only to
learn that Bryan's call time has been moved up to 7am.

Krista is off to a great start on the set of a new sitcom starring
John Stamos, but she gets an ugly reminder of how the business works
when her new assistant sneaks off with a comedy role offered by old
friend Jon Lovitz.

With no break in sight, Jennifer seems on the verge of giving up on
her dream and auditions for a spot in a new BAND (THISTLE). Her
personal life, too, is in turmoil as her grandfather's Alzheimer's
seems to be getting worse. And with Diane and Krista looking on,
Goddard's new love interest Jessica learns the hard way that class is
no place to demonstrate her true emotions.


My sleep is all kindsa fucked up. I am just back from Italy and Japan.
Everyone's is. Spoke to Dante who was with us in Japan, his song
closes The Heart film, and he is all messed to. I am tryin really hard
not to get addicted to any sleep thing, but if I don't take nuthin I
am up all night. And I am too tired to get work done, and feel like
too much of a loser to watch TV, so I just keep shoveling down Hemp
bread. I don't even put anything on it. And it kinda needs something
on it. Everyone now and then I put a slice in the microwave and then
do up some butter, but once I start putting stuff on things-- I really
love condiments, as y'all who've read or seen The Heart know. I get
jiggy with the condies. So yeah, I try to keep it nude, or else I go
overboard, like I tend to with much of my life-- like I just can't go
for a fuckin bike ride. I gotta hit every fuckin hill and pull my
groin muscles. Again.
Yeah so this is very classic. First day in Japan, I have oral surgery.
They told me no more drinkin. The fist night there, our film hosts at
Artist House took us out. And I got way into SAKI, like uh way too
much. So it was God doin for me what I could not do for myself. It
was very painful; they don't have the Novocain down for westerners,
something bout they are descending from Mongolians and we are from--
who knows, but the bones are different. I took it as a punishment and
just cried good and quiet like I know how but thought I'd been too
loud about lately. It was kinda like finding a buried treasure, to
know that I can still take really horrible pain. We got photos-- uh
someone was behind me flashin away. Sweet one of me flayin' the
finger-- its like, man, I'm getting all into my pain zone and yer
playin like I'm Gwyneth Paltrow's baby-- I was glad for the photos
later tho. The doctor had so many nice little colored glass jars, and
aromatherapy and even the metal tins had artistry to them.
I have so much to write. I have to for these diary things I am doing.
Italy was fun and intense and I can see living in Rome. I love looking
out the window there. How can you ever get to self important living
day to day around ruins? The Gelato is an issue for me tho-- this
time I didn't nearly get my fill tho! They kept me very busy. I did
slam my chocolate tho. I have so much to say, but I am tired and
think I am gonna take a pill-- but I hate the hangover from it the next
day- waking up at noon--
I have to say I am so very very very--(ya get the direction I am off
to with this?) happy and honored to be part of the DVD of My Own Private Idaho. When I saw it, when I got my copy, I wept. Not a word I would use lightly. I did not cry. Lo, not I. For I wept. I explained it to Astor, it's as if they reissued "Nevermind The Bollocks" and asked you to talk about it. And maybe play on it. Or just get naked and shake yer butt around.
Whatever. Just man!
And it almost didn't happen. I just felt too silenced by the prospect
of it. I was asked to do a liner notes thing--- and I was just floored and
nailed to it too.
But nuthin like a last minute deadline to loosen my tongue. I did it,
wrote something, that is in the booklet and did an audio track with
Jonathan Caouette. And I called Gus while we were talking. They didn't
know I was gonna do that, it's funny coz Gus asks us if we're taping
and immediately Jonathan says yes and I say no. Why tell the truth
when you can perjure? You can tell Jonathan and I are nervous at
first, but then we relax. Least I know I was. And it is very
conversationally. The job they did, Criterion, on the whole packaging,
it really is just beautiful. And the film looks so great. I want me
one of them nice TV's. Never had one, never had the desire for one,
but now I do. Is that a sin? Thou shalt not covert HDL TV's. I want a
flat screen one. Watched movies in Japan on one of them and man! gave
me the sin of desire. I ain't got the money for any thing other the
Craig's List special we got now, so my soul is safe for the time being
I reckon. I really really got into azuki bean ice cream in Japan. Want
some. And their yogurt was good too. I got into dipping my azuki bean
pops into this mixture I made of milk and yogurt and jelly and I ain't
gonna tell ya what all else I poured in that there cup. Ok, one more
thing, the inside of my croissants that they had for breakfast. And
some of the flaky crusts of that sprinkled on top. Yum!!!
I watched Lost In Translation there. What a perfect movie. It was very
true for me. I went some days not really leaving the hotel. You can't
pee in a stone shower tho, well ya can, but ya gotta hose it off real
real real.... It will smell the next day, I was very embarrassed to be
told...
Ok, pill time pill time pill time. I so love it-- but I hate the next
day, and it comes all too soon.
Maybe I will just eat some Hemp bread with cream cheese and ketchup.

Oh, don't forget! Thistle is playing SF!!! Come see show!!! Also NY, film is playin
NY Underground Fest

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 9
ANTHOLOGY FILM ARCHIVES
8 PM
THE HEART IS DECEITFUL ABOVE ALL THINGS

And I am gonna be in UK for London MON April 11th
8:45 PM London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival screening of The Heart.

I hope they give me free breakfast. Like with a lotta condiments out.

Night y'all!
Oh last wonderful swell thing--one of my all time favorite artists, Nan
Goldin, is gonna make Harold's End into a film. I pro'ly aint suppose
to say nuthin but how can you stagger out from ruins and find the sky
shinin' down on ya and not wanna shout it for the echo of forever?

Yers, JT

Wait, halt the presses!!!!! As soon as I finished this thing above,
I checked my email and I swear to the Lord Above!!! I got an email in
my box that ain't there afore, from the HBO folks inviting me down to
the set of Deadwood this week while they finish! OH MY GAWD!!!!!! I
mean, yeah sure, it ain't like an invite to dip me in 85% cocoa
organic chocolate from Ecuador-- but, it is sure close fuckin second!!!
YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!! Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the voice of the demons--
it is a tease and it won't happen, it won't work. It is just something
dangled, worse then never having dreamt it possible-- and now in a
space of 10 minutes I go from very happy to wanting to rip my thigh
apart with a razor. I should just take my little pill and eat my
fuckin gross-out hemp bread spread and call it a night eh? We shall
see what room I end up in... man, I hate this shit.