What can we do?
I just feel so very sad. What is going on in New Orleans is torturous. It is hard to think of much else. I am finding myself just crying... there is such a blatant ignoring of the suffering, it is outrageous, as we know. And folks need to rise up and say this is not ok. And I am here... cleaning the sink, what I just did. I am not sure what we do...
I am waiting for a leader, a direction. I shouldn't but I am too stunned to do other... I gave money to Red Cross that was for the cable bill. And I feel worried about that. In the face of folks having nothing… moving dead bodies…. How do you give yourself over? You can go down there, you can do… I think that is the worst, not doing anything. This war is going on in Iraq, and there is nothing to do… there aren't even marches to go to. This is a chance to say… Hey! Hey! THIS IS NOT HUMAN!
The thing that clobbers me is how folks can watch stuff and say, this they've seen, they've seen it on those feed the hungry commercials. It is not a new experience, and so it is not shocking. It is racist and distancing and I am just walking around in this daze….
Ya know, when your life is about day to day survival, world stuff… ya don't give a shit…and there is relief in that.
But when you begin to become alive in your being, raw in your feelings, and aware of your connection to others… there is the possibility for so much heartache, that comes from awareness… and gift of being able to be service from that… useful purposefulness. And that is what I know I need, and it is intensely painful to feel the pain of a situation and feel of no use. There is something we can do… and we need to find that out… maybe as a group? Maybe we can find a class of kids and "adopt" them? Think of all the stuff, just clothes alone… folks are gonna need.
Maybe as a group we can have a useful purposefulness. Can y'all come up with ideas?
It is too painful to believe we are powerless. I know that is not true and I know we must take some action… it is moving out of the fear, there isn't enough for me… I don't have enough to share… I hate that that is there as well…
Please post or write how we can be of service. Folks here are of such very unique hearts. I know we can find creative ways to do something…
I am waiting for a leader, a direction. I shouldn't but I am too stunned to do other... I gave money to Red Cross that was for the cable bill. And I feel worried about that. In the face of folks having nothing… moving dead bodies…. How do you give yourself over? You can go down there, you can do… I think that is the worst, not doing anything. This war is going on in Iraq, and there is nothing to do… there aren't even marches to go to. This is a chance to say… Hey! Hey! THIS IS NOT HUMAN!
The thing that clobbers me is how folks can watch stuff and say, this they've seen, they've seen it on those feed the hungry commercials. It is not a new experience, and so it is not shocking. It is racist and distancing and I am just walking around in this daze….
Ya know, when your life is about day to day survival, world stuff… ya don't give a shit…and there is relief in that.
But when you begin to become alive in your being, raw in your feelings, and aware of your connection to others… there is the possibility for so much heartache, that comes from awareness… and gift of being able to be service from that… useful purposefulness. And that is what I know I need, and it is intensely painful to feel the pain of a situation and feel of no use. There is something we can do… and we need to find that out… maybe as a group? Maybe we can find a class of kids and "adopt" them? Think of all the stuff, just clothes alone… folks are gonna need.
Maybe as a group we can have a useful purposefulness. Can y'all come up with ideas?
It is too painful to believe we are powerless. I know that is not true and I know we must take some action… it is moving out of the fear, there isn't enough for me… I don't have enough to share… I hate that that is there as well…
Please post or write how we can be of service. Folks here are of such very unique hearts. I know we can find creative ways to do something…


<< Home