Dear Black Book:
This letter was sent to the editor of Black Book Magazine. My response follows. :)
dear black book,
as san francisco residents and technically members of
"the media" i think its safe to say we've heard enough
of mr. j.t. leroy. how many more times will we have to
hear about "the heart is deceitful above all things?"
further, he states in his stultifyingly boring feature
story "leroy in japan": "and there isn't much
difference in promoting a film made of one's book and
being a skinhead hooligan, is there?" we beg to
differ. at least the skinhead hooligan has integrity
and strength of purpose, albeit a severely misguided
one. all mr. leroy has is a development deal and a
sadly overweaning ego.
on a brighter note, emma forrest's ODB article was
brilliant.
thank you and good evening,
Omar Vizquel and Devi Cruz
***
I must boldly squat by my statements that promoting a film made of one's book "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" and being a skinhead hooligan are one and the same thing, dang it! But 'tis hot that you beg, beg, BEG to differ. When you beg, what are y'all wearin'? Being a big Giants fan myself, I assume you are both wearing cups.
Ok, let's just say I don't have ANY integrity or strength of purpose and we all know I slept and ouija boarded my way into being a walkin', stutterin', coon-dick and fright wig wearin' chocolate slut with a development deal....Wait! I don't have a development deal....unless you're talking about my ample bosom and if so, kind of you to notice.
Much joy,
JT
PS And next time you choose to be members of the Giant's baseball team, you might wanna google their names first to get the hang of the proper spelling. Or you could just sign your own name. Oh, nevermind, that would take wearing a jockstrap that contained some actual cojones.
PPS I know it just slipped by y'alls mind to add in there that "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" will be out on Palm Pictures in spring 2006! Must make you ache so with regret, but thanks for mentioning the full name tho and spelling it correctly! I still can't get me to spell Deceitful right 4/5 of the time!
PPPS EMMA FORREST ALWAYS RULES, not just last issue! ALWAYS!!! And you should check her out in her skinhead getup too, I'm just sayin…
That's why, when I was writing for Shout under then editor Jordan Heller who is now Senior Editor at Black Book, I turned him on to her and he hired her. I believe in supporting writers and creating opportunities, not out of my ego, but because it is a grace to do so. I don't believe in putting down an artist for merely expressing his or herself. That helps none of us.
Why don't you look at ways to be a positive force and suppport your fellow artists? Try taking that out to the field and cracking it a few times. I bet it feels a lot better.
dear black book,
as san francisco residents and technically members of
"the media" i think its safe to say we've heard enough
of mr. j.t. leroy. how many more times will we have to
hear about "the heart is deceitful above all things?"
further, he states in his stultifyingly boring feature
story "leroy in japan": "and there isn't much
difference in promoting a film made of one's book and
being a skinhead hooligan, is there?" we beg to
differ. at least the skinhead hooligan has integrity
and strength of purpose, albeit a severely misguided
one. all mr. leroy has is a development deal and a
sadly overweaning ego.
on a brighter note, emma forrest's ODB article was
brilliant.
thank you and good evening,
Omar Vizquel and Devi Cruz
***
I must boldly squat by my statements that promoting a film made of one's book "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" and being a skinhead hooligan are one and the same thing, dang it! But 'tis hot that you beg, beg, BEG to differ. When you beg, what are y'all wearin'? Being a big Giants fan myself, I assume you are both wearing cups.
Ok, let's just say I don't have ANY integrity or strength of purpose and we all know I slept and ouija boarded my way into being a walkin', stutterin', coon-dick and fright wig wearin' chocolate slut with a development deal....Wait! I don't have a development deal....unless you're talking about my ample bosom and if so, kind of you to notice.
Much joy,
JT
PS And next time you choose to be members of the Giant's baseball team, you might wanna google their names first to get the hang of the proper spelling. Or you could just sign your own name. Oh, nevermind, that would take wearing a jockstrap that contained some actual cojones.
PPS I know it just slipped by y'alls mind to add in there that "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" will be out on Palm Pictures in spring 2006! Must make you ache so with regret, but thanks for mentioning the full name tho and spelling it correctly! I still can't get me to spell Deceitful right 4/5 of the time!
PPPS EMMA FORREST ALWAYS RULES, not just last issue! ALWAYS!!! And you should check her out in her skinhead getup too, I'm just sayin…
That's why, when I was writing for Shout under then editor Jordan Heller who is now Senior Editor at Black Book, I turned him on to her and he hired her. I believe in supporting writers and creating opportunities, not out of my ego, but because it is a grace to do so. I don't believe in putting down an artist for merely expressing his or herself. That helps none of us.
Why don't you look at ways to be a positive force and suppport your fellow artists? Try taking that out to the field and cracking it a few times. I bet it feels a lot better.


<< Home