Mary Gaitskill's new book
Mary Gaitskill was my first writing mentor. If it were not for her, I really don't think I would've been able to progress as a writer so as to have written Sarah. She gave me detailed attentions as to what I was doing, directed me to other writers,
giving me Xeroxed copies, outlining what to take note of. Her writing is supernatural to me--what she is capable of capturing and transforming into the most exquisite writing. Always causes me to gasp in the gorgeousness of it.
Her new book, Veronica. I recommend with as much gusto as possible. Just to study how she takes an experience and tricks it out to poetry, is worth the price. This is not just a book to read, it is one to read with a pen. It is a blessing to have a new Mary Gaitskill book in the world, and I invite y'all to celebrate it with me.
And if you haven't read her other work. Oh oh oh!
giving me Xeroxed copies, outlining what to take note of. Her writing is supernatural to me--what she is capable of capturing and transforming into the most exquisite writing. Always causes me to gasp in the gorgeousness of it.
Her new book, Veronica. I recommend with as much gusto as possible. Just to study how she takes an experience and tricks it out to poetry, is worth the price. This is not just a book to read, it is one to read with a pen. It is a blessing to have a new Mary Gaitskill book in the world, and I invite y'all to celebrate it with me.
And if you haven't read her other work. Oh oh oh!


<< Home