Sunday, September 18, 2005

From a Friend...

 " Into The City of Death to Rescue Snowball"

Everyday I would read about the tragic events of Hurrican Katrina. How helpless and stranded all those poor people were.Then I read the story about the little boy finally getting rescued and right before he was about to board the bus to escape hell a police officer takes his beloved Snowball out of the boys hands and didnt let Snowball get on the bus. The boy cried "Snowball! Snowball!" He cried until he vomited. I read that Snowball was scratching at the bus door to let him in and when the bus was driving away Snowball went chasing after the bus. A reporter asked the police officer what was going to happen to Snowball and he said he had no idea what Snowballs fate was.

After I read that about the little boy and Snowball. I felt this overwhelming feeling of sorrow. I started to weep. My heart fell, I was so sad and upset. That night I started posting messages about the little boy and Snowball "Please, Help Find Snowball", "God Save Snowball" and "Desperately Seeking Snowball". I didnt know what to expect because it was a holiday weekend and there is so much hardship going on because of Deadly Katrina. Before I knew it the email I created for Snowball,findsnowball@yahoo.com was full of responses from all over the Country. Concerned about the little boy and Snowball. Upset about what had happened to Snowball.Crying and feeling depressed about Snowball. Wanting to help in anyway. There were offers of $500.00 rewards for the save return of Snowball to the little boy.Even people willing to go into the City of Death to rescue Snowball. I was one of those individuals willing to go into the City of Death to rescue Snowball.I was thinking what survival gear I would need. What kind of food, supplies and clothing would I need. Where could I get a gun to protect me and Snowball from the looters, the desperate and the dying. I couldnt sleep well and I cried off and on about the fate of Snowball, Like a lot of the responses I received.

I contacted CBS, The Associated Press and various animal rescue agencies going into New Orleans to find any information about Snowball and the little boy. I started writing a list of things I would need to rescue Snowball. I was contacting everyone I know to see if they could get some information about the whereabouts of Snowball. I was ready to go.

Then this morning I woke up and ran to my computer to check the email address I created for Snowball. I received a email from the director of the UAN program that it has been confirmed that Snowball is safe and in the caring hands of the State Veterinarians office of Louisiana.

I screamed "Snowball is Safe! Snowball is Safe!" I was so happy and my heart filled with joy. I called my friends and left messages about the good news. I emailed everyone that Snowball is safe. I felt so good, happy and grateful that I could bring such good news to all these caring and loving people. Even though none of us actually ended up going into the City of Death to rescue Snowball, We all did travel into Hell. In our prayers, in our thoughts, in our minds and in our hearts to rescue Snowball.

There is Hope.
Ronnie Rodriguez